Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Chemical Balance

In his puce green sweater my monotonous professor droned on droned on droned over chemical properties. In the oozing heat I could only focus on his odor, wafting towards me from the breeze of an open window. His nose I followed with my eyes and mind, willing the olfactory sense to operate. I wanted that breeze fresh and cool. Malicious thoughts of
lavender
mint
febreeze
rubbing alcohol
caused my fingers to itch; and my nose to hope.




After putting the kids I was babysitting today to bed, I wrote this poem on their house chalkboard. I first put down green, monotonous, professor, and malicious in random points. Then making the short piece by filling in the empty spaces between with words.

I haven't written any creative writing for over a year, but I'll see where writing takes me in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment